|Name:||Scout Active Support|
|Organisation:||East Somerset Scout Active Support Units|
|Location:||West Coker Scout & Guide Hall,, West Coker Recreation Ground, Halves Lane, West Coker, Soerset, BA22 9BS|
The ways Scout Active Support can help Scouting are almost endless. Below are some examples:
Within a group: (West Coker Unit)
• Helping support section leaders on camps or activity days out
• Refreshments at a weekend training session
• Helping to run an annual group fete, carol service or fund raising event for the group.
• Support occasionally at a section meeting assisting the leader with games and activities.
• Act as a Quarter master or maintenance group for your Scout headquarters.
• Help with promotional marketing, PR/ Media, accounting or professional support
Within our District Camp site: Tedbury Camp Site (Near Frome)
• Support as part of the bookings, management or conservation / forestry team within the camp site.
• Support District activities and events run at the camp site
• Help with the development of the site or supporting with grant applications or accounts
• Help with the on-going marketing and computer support infrastructure of the site
Within our District: Camelot Unit
• Support with the delivery of social activities for the Active Support Unit
• Support with the on-going provision of group / unit programme support (skills or personnel)
• Support with running or assisting District events, camps and activities.
• Support District and County training courses, days and events
Within our Activities Unit:
• Help run the DofE provision within East Somerset Scouting (Expedition and programme content)
• Help run and support the Ten Tor programme
• Help run and support our adventurous activities, clubs and events such as the District kayaking provision, sailing, shooting, archery, climbing, caving, rafting and general scouting skills
• Support District and group activities, camps and events (from the perceptive of activities).
Member Subscription: There is no annual membership (Membership is free). All members will have their own national membership and insurance cover from the Scout Association.
Uniform: The unit member’s uniform for the scout active support is the same as the leader uniform but is optional. However each Active Support Unit may provide their own opportunity to wear a polo shirt / Hoodie option with the group/ unit neckerchief or the National Scout Active Support Neckerchief.
Training need: All members are simply required to complete the module A (Children Protection Module) of the Scout Association leadership training. Any other training is optional.
Paperwork / DBS (formerly CRB): All members are required to complete a Scout Association DBS form.
Whether you have an hour a week or you can support only once a year on a summer camp cooking the breakfast for a Scout unit, we have a role for you within one of our many Active Support Units. Using your skills, knowledge and passion in a flexible way (even just an hour a term) will help us grow, develop and sustain our young people’s Scouting programme for years to come.
And remember, Scouting is not just all about the young people. Through the Active Support Units, you are a member of the Scout Association in your own right and can access the world of Scouting. This can be either through additional leader and instructor skills training, accessing local, national and international camps yourself as a member, taking part in adventurous activities and challenges or coming along to one of our many Active Support social events and evenings – it is a great way to meet new people.
For more information contact:
West Coker Scout Group Active Support Unit:
Pete Divall: Group Scout Leader & Unit Manager (01935) 422328 or email@example.com
Tedbury camp site Active Support Unit:
David Dunn: Unit Manager (01373) 466793 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Camelot Active Support Unit:
Chris Jones: Unit Manager (01935) 474212 or email@example.com
District Activities Active Support Unit:
James Divall: District Commissioner (Team DC): firstname.lastname@example.org (01935) 863105
Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
Talking to others
The Scout Active Support welcomes all men and women over the age 18yrs. There is no requirement to have been in Scouting or Guiding before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to supporting Scouting.
Talking to others
|Restrictions:||Age/Gender Restrictions: None|