|Name:||Reception & Information Assistant|
|Organisation:||Citizens Advice South Somerset|
|Location:||Lower Ground Floor, Petters House, Petters Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1SH|
• Welcome clients into the service, run the reception and give information.
• Explain waiting times and procedures.
• Give information about Citizens Advice South Somerset and other advice services to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
• Show sensitivity and respect for clients.
• Keep confidentiality about clients and their contact with Citizens Advice South Somerset.
• Process client information given at reception, including accurately searching databases and inputting details.
• Give clients information, details of other services, and show leaflets / factsheets from the Citizens Advice website.
• Talk to advice staff about support for individual clients.
• Maintain stocks of stationery, leaflets and posters, and order from suppliers.
Volunteers should complete the online application form.
We are looking for new volunteer receptionists for our office in Yeovil (Mondays and Fridays) and also for our outreach centres in Chard (Thursdays) and Wincanton (Mondays).
Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
Reading & Writing
Talking to others
Over 18’s who have good written and verbal communication skills, maths and IT skills who will need to
• Commit to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice service and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own.
• Read body language and verbal cues to respond appropriately to the diverse community that comes to the centre.
• Awareness of the potential needs of, and demands placed on, vulnerable clients.
• Understand why confidentiality is important.
• Be open and approachable, creating a calm and relaxing atmosphere in reception.
• Show an ability to work as part of a team and recognise their own limits and boundaries as well as having a positive attitude to self-development.
Talking to others
|Restrictions:||Age/Gender Restrictions: None|