|Name:||Cattery Cleaner/Cat Enrichment- Open Paw|
|Organisation:||National Animal Welfare Trust - Somerset Centre|
|Location:||Heaven’s Gate Farm, West Henley, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9BE|
Aim of volunteering role: To work with the Animal Care Team providing additional help cleaning the accommodation for cats waiting to be re-homed and provide enrichment for the cats by spending time with, playing & grooming. All following the Open Paw for Cats programme.
1. To be trained on the Open Paw for Cats Program to the appropriate level (please refer to the Open Paw for Cats information sheet) and to use that training with nominated cats.
2. To assist the animal care team in the general cleaning of the cattery, cattery equipment and cattery areas (walkways and kitchen area) as per full instruction given
3. To empty, clean and re-fill cat litter trays and water bowls as per full instruction given following the Open Paw programme.
4. To follow the Open Paw for Cats training for interacting with the cats, whether sitting with, playing with, handling, grooming or training.
5. To follow all instruction given by cattery staff with regards to cat interaction, feeding and record keeping.
6. To follow all instruction given on health & safety, including PPE and manual handling
7. This is not an exhaustive list and other relevant tasks may be included.
Animal rescue and rehoming
1. Interest in and commitment to the work of the trust.
2. Interest in cat welfare
3. Relatively good physical fitness as this role involves physical tasks.
4. A calm personality, flexibility and the ability to follow instruction and a desire to learn more about cats.
1. An ideal role for anyone who is passionate about cats!
2. Tea, coffee provided for break times
3. Full insurance cover
4. Reference available after 3 months volunteering
|Training:||You must attend group training sessions on each Open Paw for Cats level and you will not progress to the next level until training staff are confident you are able to carry out training as instructed.|
|Other:||Transport needed: Due to the location of the centre, volunteers require own transport. There are no public transport links to the centre. Application process: Please note that all new applicants must complete the NAWT Volunteer Application Form (includin|
Application form, Interview