|Name:||Yeovil Shopmobility Volunteer - Office or Stores|
|Location:||Quedam Shopping Centre, Carpark Basement Lobby, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1EY|
Yeovil Shopmobility are flexible on days and hours worked by volunteers. Mornings, afternoons or full days are offered.
• We need someone who is responsible, especially if we need to leave them on their own for a few hours.
• Trustworthy dealing with money & Confidentiality dealing with sensitive customer information.
• General Administrative Work, Computer Literate
• Social Media knowledge would be a bonus publicity Promotion and marketing (but not essential)
• Customer Service & Great Communication Skills, dealing with our customers on a daily basis.
• Collection & Delivery of Equipment (E.g From Office to Stores, To/From Bus Station and certain areas of the
town centre if required).
• Cleaning & Maintenance of all Equipment.
Yeovil Shopmobility is a scheme providing powered scooters, as well as powered and manual wheelchairs to enable people with limited mobility to shop and use other pleasure/leisure facilities in Yeovil. We also have transportable equipment which will fit into the boot of a car for longer term hire.
Our aim is to enable people with mobility impairments to take increasing control of their own affairs and to pursue personal choice, to advance and improve their quality of life.
Anyone with limited mobility can use Shopmobility, whether through permanent or temporary disability, illness, accident or age. You do not have to be disabled to use the service.
All volunteers must have a commitment to want to volunteer.
(Respect & Empathy is a must, A Friendly & Professional Attitude, Sensitive & Caring Nature & Non Discriminatory )
Application form, Informal discussion, References, Taster session, Trial Period, DBS Check