|Name:||Music group volunteer - Minehead|
|Location:||Exact location can be provided by Discovery on request, Minehead, TA6 4RR|
A regular commitment would be appreciated.
Are you passionate about music? We are looking for volunteers to make a real difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and autism that attend our day service, by facilitating a space for their musical talents and interests, in partnership with Discovery colleagues.
Generally groups are quite relaxed with an informal structure but you are very welcome to bring your own ideas and plans for the group!
If you'd like to volunteer with us or find out more before you apply, please get in touch!
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities and autism to get more from life.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support
We’re looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about music!
• Able to play an instrument or sing
• Able to instruct others to create music
• Able to commit to a regular timeslot of your choosing each week
• Able to communicate clearly and if possible to have experience of working with people with learning disabilities (but not essential)
Previous experience of group facilitation is desirable but by no means essential
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
|Expenses:||Reasonable expenses may be agreed.|
|Induction:||A personal induction to your volunteering role.|
|Insurance Cover:||All our volunteers are covered.|
|Training:||Training can be provided. All volunteers are also given access to free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check